Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Alive

My new project is "Alive" (working title) is about life after a certain incident. This is not only about New York but about the world. New York is not the only place where something terrible happened. I guess, the reason why this incident is so "famous" is because it happened in New York City and all the focus has been shifted to America since then, the rest are forgotten.

Alive shows what is happening after the incident. In the same exact spot. 

When I went there, I wasn't intrigued by the site itself, however, I did photograph that to a certain extent but gradually I started getting inclined towards the people around the site and the city in general. Everyone has been showing the disaster with stock footage of the crash, the screams, NEWS, etc. What about the people? What happened to them?
I thought of taking a slightly positive stand, I tried to capture the people just like they are, I haven't edited too much, I haven't spent too much time on trying to frame the images or setting them up I just went with the flow and tried to keep things as natural as possible. And you will see that people are happy doing what they want to, they are trying to move on, and carry on with life. 

It is not something that can be easily forgotten but if we keep thinking of it we cannot progress, this is a professional advise from a country that has been prone to many disasters yet have been able to "get back in action." I am not saying ignore the event all I am saying is this event has probably made so many of us aware of the importance of life and interaction. The incidence cannot deter the spirit of New York one must proudly stand and say "I Love NY"
That's what I am trying to show. The people and their resilience, pride and love for New York. 

















































No comments: