Monday, June 2, 2008

First Impressions

An overflowing trash can in one of the world's largest city and a cycle that cannot do anything about it. Welcome to New York City.
This is the very first picture I took in NYC. When I arrived I was shocked to see how populated the city was but this one station was empty at early evening. I immidiately took this picture and was interested in showing the equally placed pillars that divide the tracks. These pillars fill in for the missing people. 


This picture was taken at Toys "R" Us. Inside this toy store I observed that every one behaved like a kid therefore, this ferris wheel shows the speed of NYC and how in order to achieve goals people in NYC become kids as they try to move fast in life.



Union Square at night. When people photographed the crowd, the lights, etc I found beauty in this shadow on the corner of a building. I used the trees as a frame within my frame to represent the shadows as the sun's rays amongst something that is man made. 




1 comment:

Rosy said...

I enjoyed the metro photograph, it's interesting how you start showing the city from another point of view by changing and playing with perspective which gives you a whole new world of opportunities for shooting that have never been seen. And it also creates some illusions like the one with the chool bus and the phone booth.